Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4 Bumping Up The Chantix

Ok. So, Today is Day 4 on Chantix, the wonder drug. In my opinion, its no wonder people quit while taking Chantix, the cotton mouth alone is enough to make you want to pass on a smoke. Yuck.

And then there is the nausea.

Isn't quitting smoking fun! I'll say!

Today I am supposed to go from taking .5mg once a day to twice a day. To be honest, I'm a little scared. Yesterday was a pretty bad day. But, I'm gonna do it, not going to give up yet. I'm not a quitter (well, yes I am, but you know what I mean.)

What's a little temporary nausea and yuck mouth compared to having an extra $8,000 in my bank account come next year.

Stay focused young grasshopper!

So, here we go. Its 9 am and I'm going to eat something and take my wonder drug.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. As my doctor said:
    If you like those side effects you should see the ones that come with chemotherapy and COPD treatment.

    Be sure to eat before you take one.
    This will help a lot with the nausea.

    Be ready to cut back on spices and seasoning as your sense of smell returns and shortly your food will taste super rich.

    The hard part is over grasshopper.
    Choosing to go for it...

    ReplyDelete