Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 7 Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

It is 9 am on my last day of permissible smoking (see Day 6 as to why "permissible" doesn't necessarily mean I'll be physically capable of taking advantage of it.)

After yesterday's epiphany, I'm feeling a bit conflicted. I haven't taken my pill yet, 1) because I have to take it with food and I hate the idea of eating in the morning and 2) because I want to feel normal so I can enjoy the last few cigarettes of the rest of my life.

I'm going to the store today to stock up on the hard candy and carrot sticks in preparation for the big day tomorrow. I will probably spend a lot of today mentally preparing for the long road ahead. It may get a little ugly, emotional. I've been here before, so I know the battle I face, even with Chantix. It is still largely up to me and my own will power.

I'm gonna try to post more footage today from Day 2 where I talk about my reasons for quitting because its important to stay focused on why I'm doing this.

$8,000, baby, $8,000!

I'm going with the little blue pill, Morpheus.

No comments:

Post a Comment