Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 5

I feel like I'm gonna fall into a Chantix-induced coma at any minute now.

I want to do nothing but lay in bed. Zero energy. I'm tapped out. Wiped out. A zombie.

Not good. I got to be able to function at least on the most basic level from one day to the next.

I'll say I've definitely not wanted to smoke as much today, but I haven't wanted to do much of anything else either...you know, like breathing?

I'm worried. I feel pretty awful. How long is this gonna last? How long am I going to feel this bad? I haven't even got to the full dosage yet.

I want to quit smoking, I really do, but not by lying in a coma for a month.

So, yeah, I'm not thinking Chantix is as wonerful, magical as I thought it was last night. I'm thinking it sucks right now and I haven't felt this bad in a long time.

Stupid pill.

2 comments:

  1. What you 'might' be experiencing is a bit of withdraw induced depression.

    Remember that nicotine is a stimulant and at a pack or two a day you were pretty jacked up all the time. Chantix only blocks nicotine receptors while making you think you already have had the nicotine.

    You can try upping you caffeine intake with a cup or two of coffee during the day but no later than 6 O'clock PM. Stay away from sodas for reasons of caloric intake (weight gain) and tooth care from the acids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gib. I will heed your advice. I think I figured out why I was feeling so bad. Trying to smoke too much on the Chantix was giving me a cigarette hang over. (Read Day 6.) Thanks for all the support and advice. You and Sarah are our ex-smoker couple role-models. :-)

    ReplyDelete